Most Active Stories
- Bob Kerr: We Have Seen The Best And The Worst
- RI's Brown Bird Finds A Solemn Victory On Final Album
- Learning To Respect A Patient's Wishes At The End Of Life
- Raimondo: State Wants Better Deal on PawSox' Proposed Ballpark
- PawSox Seek Meeting with Raimondo; Team Signals Flexibility After Negative Reaction to Proposal
Wed September 18, 2013
Washington D.C. Naval Yard Shooter Visited Newport
The former Naval reservist who killed at least 12 people in Washington, DC, yesterday visited Newport in August. Aaron Alexis told Newport police that he was hearing voices.
Two officers responded to the Marriott hotel on America’s Cup Avenue for a harassment incident at about 6:30 in the morning on August 7th. According to a police report, Alexis told the officers he was a naval contractor and travels often.
Alexis said he got into an argument with someone while getting on his flight from Virginia to Rhode Island. Alexis told the officers the other person sent three people to follow him, and keep him awake by talking to him and sending vibrations into his body.
Alexis told the Newport police he had never had a mental episode and didn’t have a family history of mental illness. Newport police say they advised Naval Station police about the incident. Alexis was killed by police during his shooting spree at the Navy Yard in Washington.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com