Most Active Stories
- TGIF: 19 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Scott MacKay Commentary: The PawSox Baseball Move to Providence: Good or Bad?
- Scott MacKay Commentary: The Myth Of Rhode Island's Generous Programs For The Poor
- PawSox President James Skeffington On The Case For A Providence Ballpark
- Settlement Presented In Pension Case; May 18 Deadline For Implementation
Tue January 28, 2014
What Casinos In Massachusetts Could Mean For RI's Gaming Industry
Rhode Island’s gaming industry is keeping a sharp eye on what’s happening in Massachusetts as the state’s gambling commission works out where to license up to three resort-style casinos and a slot parlor.
Rhode Island pulls in enough money from Twin River and Newport Grand to make gaming the third largest source of revenue for the state. Casinos in Massachusetts threatens that revenue.
So how close is Massachusetts to having casino gambling? Rhode Island Public Radio's Elisabeth Harrison spoke with The Boston Globe’s Mark Arsenault to find out.