Most Active Stories
- Bob Kerr: We Have Seen The Best And The Worst
- RI's Brown Bird Finds A Solemn Victory On Final Album
- Learning To Respect A Patient's Wishes At The End Of Life
- Raimondo: State Wants Better Deal on PawSox' Proposed Ballpark
- PawSox Seek Meeting with Raimondo; Team Signals Flexibility After Negative Reaction to Proposal
Thu November 14, 2013
Who Killed RI's Fake Political Twitter Accounts?
UPDATE: A Twitter user with the handle RI Gossip Girl has claimed credit for taking down the above-mentioned accounts. Of course, that leads to another question: Who is Gossip Girl?
Back in September, Samuel Howard, an actual person, made the case on RI's Future that most of RI's fake political Twitter accounts weren't very good. "They're pretty much there to insult each respective candidate," Howard wrote of parodies of prospective Democratic gubernatorial candidates. "I'm pretty sure they were set up by the same person; someone who's confused 'being an asshat' for 'wit.' "
For whatever reason, the fake accounts are gone for now ... unless, of course, you check the cached versions.