Most Active Stories
- Lorne Adrain Exits Providence Mayoral Campaign
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
Tue March 19, 2013
A Winter Weather Mix in RI for Tuesday
The mix of snow, sleet and freezing rain that is currently coming down around Rhode Island is making the roads slippery. National Weather Service meteorologist Alan Dunham says this mix will continue throughout the first part of the morning.
Get the latest information about delays and cancelations here.
“The morning commute is not going to be fun. It’s currently snowing in Providence; we have a winter weather advisory for Providence itself. To the northwest, for people coming in from there, Foster and the northwest hills of Rhode Island, we have a winter storm warning in effect.”
Dunham says by this afternoon the precipitation will have changed to all rain for most of the state. He adds that many roads will still be slushy for the afternoon commute.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org