Most Active Stories
- Lorne Adrain Exits Providence Mayoral Campaign
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
Tue July 2, 2013
Chris Barnett leaves Mollis for RI Foundation
In a wise move by the Rhode Island Foundation, the foundation has hired Chris Barnett, press spokesman for Rhode Island Secretary of State Ralph Mollis, to become senior public affairs officer.
Barnett has long been one of the state’s most reporter-friendly and helpful p.r. folks in a number of positions, including Rhode Island Housing. His knowledge of state election and public records and e-commerce laws was top notch and his awareness and concern for media deadlines won him respect over the years from journalists.
And if Barnett didn’t know the answer to a question, he always did the necessary research and got back to a reporter in a timely fashion. He is unflappable and a gentleman.
In an e-mail message, Barnett said: ``I’m excited to be joining a new team. The Foundation’s work is inspiring new collaborations and transforming the way Rhode Islanders think about their state. Good things are coming and I can’t wait to pitch in.’’
Barnett’s last day at the secretary of state’s office in July 12.