Most Active Stories
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We Remember: Patriot's Day 2014
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
- Beer, Wine Bills Backed By Farm Breweries And Wineries, But Not Liquor Industry
- Remembering Local Musician David Lamb Of Brown Bird
Tue July 2, 2013
Chris Barnett leaves Mollis for RI Foundation
In a wise move by the Rhode Island Foundation, the foundation has hired Chris Barnett, press spokesman for Rhode Island Secretary of State Ralph Mollis, to become senior public affairs officer.
Barnett has long been one of the state’s most reporter-friendly and helpful p.r. folks in a number of positions, including Rhode Island Housing. His knowledge of state election and public records and e-commerce laws was top notch and his awareness and concern for media deadlines won him respect over the years from journalists.
And if Barnett didn’t know the answer to a question, he always did the necessary research and got back to a reporter in a timely fashion. He is unflappable and a gentleman.
In an e-mail message, Barnett said: ``I’m excited to be joining a new team. The Foundation’s work is inspiring new collaborations and transforming the way Rhode Islanders think about their state. Good things are coming and I can’t wait to pitch in.’’
Barnett’s last day at the secretary of state’s office in July 12.