Most Active Stories
- Experts To Brief Lawmakers On Hep C In RI; Cost Of Treatment Likely To Come Up During Budget Talks
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Raimondo's Budget Challenges And Secrecy
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Alexander-Scott Nominated To Lead Health Dept.
- Gordon Fox: Financial Problems at the Apex of Political Power in RI
Tue September 10, 2013
Police Working to Identify Remains Found in Exeter
State police are working to identify human remains found in Exeter. The remains were found about two miles from where a man disappeared four months ago.
The investigation began Friday when a hunter found the human remains in a heavily wooded area near Purgatory road in Exeter. State police say there are no overt signs of foul play but they’re treating the case as a homicide so that all potential evidence is preserved.
The remains have not yet been identified. They were found two to three miles from where a Pennsylvania man vanished last spring. Mamadou Fal-Camara of Newportville, Pennsylvania was last seen at the Phoenix House on Main Street in Exeter May 3rd and has not been seen since. Police say there is no conclusive evidence linking the missing man to the found remains at this time.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org
Scott MacKay Commentary