Most Active Stories
- Ex-USS Saratoga Leaves Newport Naval Station
- CVS To Offer Overdose Antidote Narcan Without Prescription
- Raimondo creates Narragansett Brewing jobs in New York, Massachusetts not R.I.
- Smiley Ends Mayoral Campaign and Puts Support Behind Elorza
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Down To The Wire In Providence Mayoral Campaign
Membership Manager (posted 8/18/2014)
Rhode Island Public Radio (RIPR) is one of the nation’s newest NPR-member stations and has already established one of the most trusted newsrooms in the Ocean State. We serve a growing audience and are seeking to fill our Membership Manager position. Reporting directly to the Development Director and working with the station team and contracted firms, the Membership Manager shapes short- and long-term fund-raising strategies to attain annual revenue goals of over $710,000 - including new membership growth for individual gifts of $5-$999 - while providing quality service to all members and listeners.
- Manages Membership Budget, tracks, analyzes, and reports revenue and expense progress regularly to Development Director. May be asked to provide reports or updates for the Finance Director and General Manager.
- Coordinates with RIPR’s Operations Manager to plan and implement on-air pledge drives.
- Tracks goals and progress for on-air drives, mail campaigns, and online fundraising.
- Seeks and implements creative strategies to meet revenue targets.
- Manages RIPR’s Social Media Strategy as it relates to fundraising and tracks progress.
- Manages a direct mail campaign that includes monthly membership renewal, lapsed reinstatement and additional gift mailings.
- Manages and implements the RIPR Sustaining Gifts Program.
- Coordinates volunteers for on-air drives and mailings.
- Manages relationships with Membership Consulting firm working closely with them to review goals and progress.
- Responsible for vendor relationships and internal management of premiums inventory and expense.
- Serves as primary contact with members, building relationships and addressing membership issues.
- Serves as primary contact for the station’s Community Advisory Board, recruiting members, planning and facilitating quarterly meetings of the CAC.
- Plans and implements RIPR’s Community Outreach Program planning and coordinating several outreach events per year.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- 2 years minimum experience in a non-profit Membership or Development office.
- Proficiency with Raisers Edge or a comparable relational database is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate as part of a dynamic team.
- Excellent sense of humor.
- Familiarity with Rhode Island philanthropic community a plus.
- Knowledge of and appreciation for the public radio industry, NPR and RIPR a strong plus.
Salary commensurate with experience, and a benefits package that includes partially subsidized health and dental insurance and parking, fully paid life, LTD insurance, a company paid IPhone, an FSA and a 401k plan.
Please forward resumes and references to email@example.com with the subject heading of “Membership Manager”. For full consideration, responses must be received by close of business September 8th, 2014.
Audio Production Internships
Rhode Island Public Radio is not currently seeking audio production interns. For future reference: the intern will work one, three-hour shift per week on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday for approximately 2 to 4 months. Duties include: editing music for use as background and buttons; editing promos for local features and events; editing national programming promos for local broadcast; assisting the Operations & Production Manager with other audio production tasks. Familiarity with digital audio or video editing software is preferred. To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to James Baumgartner: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rhode Island Public Radio is not currently seeking interns for the newsroom internship. For future reference: Interns will work two, four-hour shifts per week in the newsroom writing and producing stories for the daily newscasts. Duties include: researching, interviewing both in the newsroom and out in the field, editing audio, and writing news copy. Interns will also post their stories on the RIPR website and assist with other duties in the newsroom. This is a great opportunity to learn the core skills of broadcast journalism while working alongside experienced journalists. Internship shifts run from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM or Noon - 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
To learn about volunteer opportunities, please visit the volunteering page.
RHODE ISLAND PUBLIC RADIO, RHODE ISLAND'S NPR, IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Rhode Island Public Radio does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, marital status, disability, medical condition, or sexual orientation. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
In accordance with FCC guidelines, Rhode Island Public Radio is required to provide notification of full-time job vacancies to organizations involved in assisting job seekers upon request by such organization. As a public service, Rhode Island Public Radio Human Resources office will provide notification of jobs to interested organizations. To request notification, write:
Rhode Island Public Radio
1 Union Station
Providence, RI 02903
For our EEO Reports, please download the PDF's below.