Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- TGIF: 15 Things to Know About Rhode Island Media & Politics
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
- Ex-Speaker Fox selling Providence Home
- Senator Miller Issues Apology for Swearing Following Gun News Conference
Before her arrival in Rhode Island, Catherine was news director at WHQR in Wilmington, North Carolina. She was also news director at KBIA in Columbia, Missouri where she was a faculty member at the University Of Missouri School Of Journalism.Catherine has won several regional Edward R. Murrow awards and awards from the North Carolina Press Association, Missouri Press Association, and Missouri Broadcasters Association.
She files regularly for NPR’s All Things Considered, Morning Edition and Weekend Edition. In 2008 she was part of an NPR series on America’s Battalion out of Camp Lejeune, North Carolina, following Marine families during the battalion’s deployment to southern Afghanistan. And because Wilmington was the national test market for the digital television conversion, she became a quasi-expert on DTV, filing stories for NPR on the topic.
Before joining the public radio family, Catherine worked in television at KTVU in the San Francisco area and at the cable technology network formerly known as TechTV.