Most Active Stories
- Pawsox Sold To Group That Plans To Move The Team To Providence
- Big Question: Is a Baseball Stadium the Best Use of 195 Land?
- TGIF: 18 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- SEIU Taking Women And Infants Hospital To Court Over Layoffs
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Why So Few RI Building Trades Workers At EB Quonset Jobs?
Gene Demby is the lead blogger for NPR's Code Switch team.
Before coming to NPR, he served as the managing editor for Huffington Post's BlackVoices following its launch. He later covered politics.
Prior to that role he spent six years in various positions at The New York Times. While working for the Times in 2007, he started a blog about race, culture, politics and media called PostBourgie, which won the 2009 Black Weblog Award for Best News/Politics Site.
Demby is an avid runner, mainly because he wants to stay alive long enough to finally see the Sixers and Eagles win championships in their respective sports. You can follow him on Twitter at @GeeDee215.