Scott MacKay CommentaryScott MacKay Commentary: Democratic Gubernatorial Candidates Start Taking Off The Gloves
Political RoundtablePolitical Roundtable: Rep. Abney on Newport Grand, Speaker Mattiello & The Sale Of The Projo
RI NewsNewport City Manager Cites Difficult City Council In Decision To Step Down
Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Joe Paolino vs. Edie Ajello?
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Democratic Gubernatorial Candidates Start Taking Off The Gloves
- Newport City Manager Cites Difficult City Council In Decision To Step Down
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
Kenneth Turan is the film critic for the Los Angeles Times and NPR's Morning Edition, as well as the director of the Los Angeles Times Book Prizes. He has been a staff writer for the Washington Post and TV Guide, and served as the Times' book review editor.
A graduate of Swarthmore College and Columbia University's Graduate School of Journalism, he is the co-author of Call Me Anna: The Autobiography of Patty Duke. He teaches film reviewing and non-fiction writing at USC and is on the board of directors of the National Yiddish Book Center. His most recent books are the University of California Press' Sundance to Sarajevo: Film Festivals and the World They Made and Never Coming To A Theater Near You, published by Public Affairs Press.