Scott MacKay CommentaryScott MacKay Commentary: Democratic Gubernatorial Candidates Start Taking Off The Gloves
Political RoundtablePolitical Roundtable: Rep. Abney on Newport Grand, Speaker Mattiello & The Sale Of The Projo
RI NewsNewport City Manager Cites Difficult City Council In Decision To Step Down
Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Joe Paolino vs. Edie Ajello?
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Democratic Gubernatorial Candidates Start Taking Off The Gloves
- Newport City Manager Cites Difficult City Council In Decision To Step Down
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
Lloyd Schwartz is the classical music critic for NPR's Fresh Air with Terry Gross.
In addition to his role on Fresh Air, Schwartz is the classical music editor of The Boston Phoenix. He is the co-editor of the Library of the America's Elizabeth Bishop: Poems, Prose, and Letters. He is also the author of three volumes of poems: These People, Goodnight, Gracie and Cairo Traffic. He's the editor of the centennial edition of Elizabeth Bishop's Prose, published by Farrar, Straus, and Giroux in 2011.
In 1994, Schwartz won the Pulitzer Prize for criticism. He is the Frederick S. Troy Professor of English at the University of Massachusetts, Boston.