Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bob Kerr: We Have Seen The Best And The Worst
- RI's Brown Bird Finds A Solemn Victory On Final Album
- Raimondo: State Wants Better Deal on PawSox' Proposed Ballpark
- Learning To Respect A Patient's Wishes At The End Of Life
- PawSox Seek Meeting with Raimondo; Team Signals Flexibility After Negative Reaction to Proposal
Maureen Moakley's extensive experience analyzing political trends make her a vital member of the Political Roundtable team. She holds a Ph.D. in Political Science from Rutgers University and is as professor of Political Science at the University of Rhode Island, where she teaches American government, State Politics and Political Theory. Moakley is the author of several books, including one on Rhode Island politics, and has written numerous articles and chapters on politics in Rhode Island and New England.
In addition to her work at Rhode Island Public Radio, Moakley is a regular political commentator on A Lively Experiment, a program discussing state politics on Rhode Island’s PBS channel.
Moakley enjoys lending her academic experience to efforts aimed at expanding local programming, and she identifies her work on Political Roundtable as one of the real highlights of her week.