Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Newport City Manager Cites Difficult City Council In Decision To Step Down
Mon April 18, 2011
Advanced Solutions for Tomorrow president to plead guilty
By IAN DONNIS
PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The founder of a Middletown technology company accused in a more than $9 million kickback scheme has agreed to plead guilty.
Advanced Solutions for Tomorrow president Anjan Dutta-Gupta was arrested in February. Federal prosecutors say he is scheduled to plead guilty April 28th to paying bribes to a civilian manager with the Navy's Naval Sea Systems Command and others.
Prosecutors the bribes were meant to ensure payment for work supposed to be done by Advanced Solutions. The company, which had offices in Middletown and Georgia, laid off its workforce after Dutta-Gupta was charged in the kickback case.
Prosecutors say Advanced Solutions paid at least eight million dollars to co-defendant Ralph Mariano and others. They say more than one million dollars was funneled back to a corporation owned by Dutta-Gupta.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org.