Most Active Stories
- Jim Skeffington, PawSox President & Prominent Lawyer, Has Died
- Scott MacKay Commentary: MacKay's RIC Commencement Speech
- Biologists Plan To Continue Tracking Beluga Whales In Narragansett Bay
- Elorza Says Further Steps Needed to Stabilize Providence's Finances
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Next Move for PawSox Providence Stadium?
Sun February 3, 2013
All you need to know about the Shellfish Management Plan
The state is creating its first ever statewide Shellfish Management Plan. It's seeking advice on the plan from people involved in aquaculture, fishing and restoration. But why does the state think such a plan is critical for the species to thrive?
The Director of the Department of Environmental Management, Janet Coit, and the Director of the US Coastal Program at the University of Rhode Island's Coastal Resource Center, and Rhode Island Sea Grant, Jen McCann, provide an update on the plan. They also discuss the importance of its creation.