Most Active Stories
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Almost 15 Years After Cornel Young Jr.'s Death, How Much Has Changed in Rhode Island?
- The paranoid opposition to RhodeMap RI
- W&I Researchers Find Single Family Rooms Better For NICU Babies
- 'Warning Shot': Sen. Warren On Fighting Banks, And Her Political Future
Sun February 3, 2013
All you need to know about the Shellfish Management Plan
The state is creating its first ever statewide Shellfish Management Plan. It's seeking advice on the plan from people involved in aquaculture, fishing and restoration. But why does the state think such a plan is critical for the species to thrive?
The Director of the Department of Environmental Management, Janet Coit, and the Director of the US Coastal Program at the University of Rhode Island's Coastal Resource Center, and Rhode Island Sea Grant, Jen McCann, provide an update on the plan. They also discuss the importance of its creation.