Most Active Stories
- Bob Kerr: We Have Seen The Best And The Worst
- RI's Brown Bird Finds A Solemn Victory On Final Album
- Learning To Respect A Patient's Wishes At The End Of Life
- Raimondo: State Wants Better Deal on PawSox' Proposed Ballpark
- PawSox Seek Meeting with Raimondo; Team Signals Flexibility After Negative Reaction to Proposal
Mon April 29, 2013
Animal Rights Activists Demonstrate at Brown University
Brown University was the target of an animal rights demonstration Sunday.
About a dozen people picketed Brown carrying signs saying “Stop Testing on Animals Now.” The demonstration was organized by the group “In Defense of Animals.” Organizer Christen Baker says the animal experimentation going on at Brown and other universities is unnecessary.
"There are alternatives that need to be explored. They’re safer. They’re cheaper and they’re accurate."
In response to the protest, Brown issued a statement saying it is committed to the highest standards of animal health and safety and that the university complies with federal regulators to ensure that strict policies are adhered to.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd love to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org