Most Active Stories
- Jim Skeffington, PawSox President & Prominent Lawyer, Has Died
- Scott MacKay Commentary: MacKay's RIC Commencement Speech
- Biologists Plan To Continue Tracking Beluga Whales In Narragansett Bay
- Elorza Says Further Steps Needed to Stabilize Providence's Finances
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Next Move for PawSox Providence Stadium?
Wed April 27, 2011
Another delay for Landmark
By MEGAN HALL
Providence, RI – By MEGAN HALL
Landmark Medical Center in Woonsocket still hasn't identified a buyer. Superior Judge Michael Silverstein is giving the potential owners another week and a half to improve their bids.
Early this week was supposed to be the deadline for Judge Silverstein to pick his favorite bidder among the three companies hoping to buy Landmark. Instead, he told the court that he's faced with a dilemma- each potential buyer says they'd walk away from buying Landmark if certain things don't happen.
For some bidders that includes a deal with Blue Cross Blue Shield over reimbursement rates, for another it's an agreement with Landmark's union.
So Judge Silverstein is giving the companies until May 6th to take care of those issues. With that new information in hand, he expects to announce Landmark's buyer on May 10th.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org.