Most Active Stories
- W&I Researchers Find Single Family Rooms Better For NICU Babies
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Seth Magaziner Staffing Up With Jeff Padwa & Andrew Roos
- Almost 15 Years After Cornel Young Jr.'s Death, How Much Has Changed in Rhode Island?
- 'Warning Shot': Sen. Warren On Fighting Banks, And Her Political Future
Wed March 20, 2013
Avedisian and Fung Paint the Town for Gaspee Days Fundraiser
Gaspee Days, is a time honored tradition for the towns of Cranston and Warwick each summer, but fundraising has begun early for the mayors of the respective towns.
In order to raise the $5000 needed to paint the parade stripe, mayors Scott Avedisian of Warwick and Allan Fung of Cranston, will be racing each other to paint a ten foot strip of the roadway.
Avedisian is happy to be in a race other than political.
“We will each be painting a section of the roadway to illustrate the fact that it is a community celebration, and that not only are mayor Fung and I good friends, but that we’re willing to go be good adversaries to try to raise money and to challenge one another, and to challenge our communities to help out.”
Cranston and Warwick residents are encouraged to donate to bring their city to the finish line first, you can donate at www.gaspee.com.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd love to hear from you. email@example.com