Most Active Stories
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Remembering Local Musician David Lamb Of Brown Bird
- Beer, Wine Bills Backed By Farm Breweries And Wineries, But Not Liquor Industry
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We Remember: Patriot's Day 2014
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
Wed December 11, 2013
Barrington Police: Pot Package Left Outside Carmelite Monastery
Barrington police are investigating an unusual drug case. On Sunday, someone left a bag of marijuana outside the Carmelite Monastery in Barrington.
Around 2:30pm Sunday a sister at the Carmelite Monastery in Barrington saw a person drop a package underneath a bush near the parking lot. The sisters went out to investigate and were surprised to find the bag contained what appeared to be marijuana.
The nuns told police the man who dropped it drove away. A short time later a car-full of teens cruised by apparently looking for something. Barrington Police Chief John LaCross said it was probably a drug drop, a fairly common practice among drug users.
“What we think happened was sometimes people sell drugs and they leave them in different places and probably left this bag here,” said LaCross. “Somebody paid for it, put it in this location, probably texted somebody and said ‘hey go pick it up over here.’”
LaCross said it was four grams with a street value of $40. No one has been arrested.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com