Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Rhody Votes '14: Republicans for Governor Debate
Tue February 19, 2013
Bike paths are now ski trails
Cyclists wanting a clear ride on state bike paths during the winter will have to wait until the snow melts.
The Chief of Rhode Island State Parks, Robert Paquette, says the state does not clear bike paths during the winter. “You know, people use them more for cross country skiing in the winter so we don’t plow them, liability reasons. We don’t use salt because a lot of them go to water areas. And so there are many different reasons why we don’t plow our bike paths.”
Paquette adds the parks department will make sure the paths are clear in time for spring riding.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com