Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Rhody Votes '14: Republicans for Governor Debate
Wed June 4, 2014
Bill Would Add Constitutional Amendment On Gambling Venues
A senate committee will look at legislation Wednesday creating a constitutional amendment centered on gambling in the Ocean State.
The bill would put a constitutional amendment before voters that states a casino or slot parlor cannot change locations without approval from voters in that city or town.
A development team is looking to buy Newport Grand, but promises that if casino games are allowed at the slot parlor that it will not change locations.
Senate President Teresa Paiva Weed is the bill’s sponsor, it goes before the Senate Committee on Special Legislation and Veterans Affairs this afternoon.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org
The Bottom Line