Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Old Providence Or New?
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Former US Attorneys Warn of "Alarming Prospect" of Cianci Regaining City Hall
- Much Of The Brown University Debate Focused On Cianci’s Past
- Bishop Tobin blasts Raimondo, advises Catholics on how to vote
Tue April 15, 2014
Boston Marathon: RI Trooper Doesn’t Consider Himself A Hero
Rhode Island State Police trooper Roupen Bastajian had just crossed the finish line of the Boston Marathon when the bombs went off. He was one of many who rushed into the chaos to help the injured. He talks with Rhode Island Public Radio's Catherine Welch about that day and how it's changed him a year later.
Last year’s marathon was the 117th and 117 is Bastajian’s badge number. It was a beautiful day, other state troopers were also running the marathon and he did it, he crossed the finish line. Minutes later, as he was on his way to the medical tent, the first bomb exploded.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org
Scott MacKay Commentary
Boston Marathon Explosions