Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- A.H. Belo Hires Arkansas Firm to Explore Sale of the Providence Journal
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics + Media
- This I Believe Rhode Island: Getting Up Early
- Prescription Drug Abuse On The Rise On College Campuses Across The Country
Fri July 13, 2012
The Bottom Line: Bringing bioscience to RI
By DAVE FALLON
PROVIDENCE, RI – Providence Business News Editor Mark Murphy joins Rhode Island Public Radio's Dave Fallon for a weekly business segment we're calling "The Bottom Line." Each Friday it looks at business news and themes that affect local business and the public.
This week, Dave and Mark talk with founder and CEO of EPI-Vax, Inc., Dr. Anne DeGroot. EPI-VAX is an immunology company in Providence. Part of its mission is designing new vaccines. Dr. DeGroot also has an association with the University of Rhode Island and the medical school at Brown University.
Providence Business News reported on a study that detailed how Rhode Island's bioscience industry grew by over 44 percent from 2001 to 2010; with some 4,600 jobs in the bio-science sector in the state, as of 2010.
When to Listen
You can hear The Bottom Line each Friday at 5:50pm.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org.