Most Active Stories
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We Remember: Patriot's Day 2014
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
- Beer, Wine Bills Backed By Farm Breweries And Wineries, But Not Liquor Industry
- Remembering Local Musician David Lamb Of Brown Bird
The Bottom Line
Fri October 18, 2013
The Bottom Line: Could Rhode Island Be The Silicon Valley Of Food?
Did you know Rhode Island is home to one of the largest organic food distributors in the country? That one of the largest producers of specialty meats, like prosciutto, is based here?
This week on the Bottom Line, host Dave Fallon and the Providence Business News' Mark Murphy speak with Allan Tear, co-founder and managing partner of the start-up accelerator Beta-Spring. They explore how the food and beverage industry is emerging as an important driver in Rhode Island's economy, including both existing companies and start-ups.
Find out how Rhode Island could become the "Silicon Valley" of food, if Allan Tear has his way.