Most Active Stories
- Jim Skeffington, PawSox President & Prominent Lawyer, Has Died
- Biologists Plan To Continue Tracking Beluga Whales In Narragansett Bay
- Scott MacKay Commentary: MacKay's RIC Commencement Speech
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Next Move for PawSox Providence Stadium?
- Elorza Says Further Steps Needed to Stabilize Providence's Finances
The Bottom Line
Fri April 4, 2014
The Bottom Line: Maintaining Bridges With Or Without Tolls
A state representative says he's outlived one Sakonnet River Bridges in his lifetime. He's concerned about whether the state will find the funds to maintain the current one.
Providence Business News Editor Mark Murphy joins Rhode Island Public Radio's Dave Fallon for our weekly business segment, The Bottom Line.
This week, Dave and Mark talk with Newport state representative Peter Martin. They're talking about maintaining Newport's bridges, so vital to the area's residents, whether the state allows tolls or not. Martin says he's in favor of tolls, even though that's been an unpopular position at times.
When to Listen
You can hear The Bottom Line each Friday at 5:50 pm.