Most Active Stories
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Remembering Local Musician David Lamb Of Brown Bird
- Beer, Wine Bills Backed By Farm Breweries And Wineries, But Not Liquor Industry
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We Remember: Patriot's Day 2014
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
The Bottom Line
Fri December 6, 2013
The Bottom Line: New Job Training Program For 2014
Providence Business News Editor Mark Murphy joins Rhode Island Public Radio's Dave Fallon for a weekly business segment we're calling "The Bottom Line." Each Friday they look at business news and themes that affect local business and the public.
This week Dave and Mark talk with Rhode Island Department of Labor and Training Director Charles Fogarty. They discuss new jobless figures, reaction to pushback over the new bi-weekly wage requirements, and details about a pilot job training program, called “Back to Work, Rhode Island.” The program is scheduled to start in January. It will allow people to collect unemployment benefits while going through unpaid job training at companies.
When to Listen
You can hear The Bottom Line each Friday at 5:50pm.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org