Most Active Stories
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Almost 15 Years After Cornel Young Jr.'s Death, How Much Has Changed in Rhode Island?
- The paranoid opposition to RhodeMap RI
- W&I Researchers Find Single Family Rooms Better For NICU Babies
- 'Warning Shot': Sen. Warren On Fighting Banks, And Her Political Future
The Bottom Line
Fri December 6, 2013
The Bottom Line: New Job Training Program For 2014
Providence Business News Editor Mark Murphy joins Rhode Island Public Radio's Dave Fallon for a weekly business segment we're calling "The Bottom Line." Each Friday they look at business news and themes that affect local business and the public.
This week Dave and Mark talk with Rhode Island Department of Labor and Training Director Charles Fogarty. They discuss new jobless figures, reaction to pushback over the new bi-weekly wage requirements, and details about a pilot job training program, called “Back to Work, Rhode Island.” The program is scheduled to start in January. It will allow people to collect unemployment benefits while going through unpaid job training at companies.
When to Listen
You can hear The Bottom Line each Friday at 5:50pm.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org