Most Active Stories
- Experts To Brief Lawmakers On Hep C In RI; Cost Of Treatment Likely To Come Up During Budget Talks
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Raimondo's Budget Challenges And Secrecy
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Alexander-Scott Nominated To Lead Health Dept.
- Gordon Fox: Financial Problems at the Apex of Political Power in RI
Thu October 10, 2013
Brown Poll Shows Raimondo Leading Potential Governor's Race Among
A new Brown University poll shows state Treasurer Gina Raimondo leading Providence Mayor Angel Taveras among likely Democratic primary voters. Raimondo and Taveras are expected to square off in a gubernatorial primary next September.
Brown pollsters talked with 433 likely Democratic primary voters. In a two-way matchup, 42 percent of respondents say they’d vote for Raimondo, just under 34 percent prefer Taveras, and 24 percent were undecided. That poll has a margin of error of four and a half percentage points.
Brown’s findings come after a poll commissioned by Taveras last month showed him with an 18 point lead over Raimondo. Neither Raimondo or Taveras has yet to announce a campaign for governor, but they’re actively raising money.
The Brown poll has some good news for Taveras: his job approval rating of just less than 64 percent is the best among Rhode Island politicians. Raimondo has an approval rating of 54 percent.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like from you. firstname.lastname@example.org