Most Active Stories
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We Remember: Patriot's Day 2014
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
- Beer, Wine Bills Backed By Farm Breweries And Wineries, But Not Liquor Industry
- Remembering Local Musician David Lamb Of Brown Bird
Wed November 7, 2012
Campaign manager says Doherty not necessarily closing the door on politics
Brendan Doherty doesn’t intend to run for the House again, but he may be open to seeking some other office, according to Doherty’s campaign manager, Ian Prior.
Following his concession remarks at the Providence Marriott last night, Doherty seemed to rule out another political run. RIPR’s Flo Jonic provided this transcription:
Jonic: Do you see another political run in your future?
Doherty: This was no dress rehearsal.
Jonic: By you saying this was no dress rehearsal, you mean ‘not again’?
Doherty: No dress rehearsal. This was a one-time thing.
Prior says that Doherty meant he’s not going to run for the House again following his larger than expected loss to David Cicilline.
But Prior says that as far as a possible future run for governor or Senate, Doherty “would analyze that at that time — obviously not now.”
With one run under his belt, Doherty could easily figure in the GOP conversation for the 2014 gubernatorial race.