Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Rhody Votes '14: Republicans for Governor Debate
Thu March 27, 2014
A Cautionary Tale: Get Your Affairs In Order Now
Originally published on Thu March 27, 2014 3:51 pm
If you’ve been avoiding preparing a will, or other estate planning directives, think again.
Only 35 percent of Americans have a will, and that can leave families and healthcare providers in a sticky situation.
Washington Post finance columnist Michelle Singletary‘s mother did not have any personal directives. When she was critically injured recently, her family was confronted with many decisions, made more difficult by the absence of written wishes.
Singletary joins Here & Now’s Robin Young to discuss the importance of being prepared for the worst.