Most Active Stories
- Bob Kerr: We Have Seen The Best And The Worst
- RI's Brown Bird Finds A Solemn Victory On Final Album
- Learning To Respect A Patient's Wishes At The End Of Life
- Raimondo: State Wants Better Deal on PawSox' Proposed Ballpark
- PawSox Seek Meeting with Raimondo; Team Signals Flexibility After Negative Reaction to Proposal
The Education Blog
Mon June 10, 2013
Chafee Joins Governors for Invite-Only Education Summit
Governor Lincoln Chafee is in Chicago Monday for a symposium on education. The event is hosted by James B. Hunt Institute for Educational Leadership and Policy, a group affiliated with the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. The institute says its goal is to strengthen public education by bringing politicians and policymakers together to discuss state-level education policy.
The Hunt Institute Board of Directors includes a number of politicians, among them former Rhode Island Governor Don Carcieri, who helped bring controversial Education Commissioner Deborah Gist to the Ocean State.
The Providence Journal reports that Gist and State Education Board Chair Eva-Marie Mancuso have accompanied Chafee to the governors education summit.