Most Active Stories
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Remembering Local Musician David Lamb Of Brown Bird
- Beer, Wine Bills Backed By Farm Breweries And Wineries, But Not Liquor Industry
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We Remember: Patriot's Day 2014
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
Wed January 16, 2013
Chafee team previews his budget; jobs and competitiveness highlighted
Making Rhode Island more competitive and getting Rhode Islanders back to work are central points of Governor Lincoln Chafee's State of the State address tonight.
Budget staffers and other members of the governor's administration held a background briefing for reporters a short time ago at the Department of Administration building on Smith Hill. The details are embargoed until Chafee begins his speech this evening in the House chamber.
But in addition to the points in the first sentence of the post, the Chafee administration also plans to emphasize:
-- Investing in public education;
-- Assisting struggling municipalities;
-- Maintaining and improving infrastructure.
RIPR will carry Chafee's speech live at 7, with analysis afterwards by Scott MacKay and Catherine Welch, and yours truly reporting from the Statehouse.