Most Active Stories
- W&I Researchers Find Single Family Rooms Better For NICU Babies
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Seth Magaziner Staffing Up With Jeff Padwa & Andrew Roos
- Almost 15 Years After Cornel Young Jr.'s Death, How Much Has Changed in Rhode Island?
- 'Warning Shot': Sen. Warren On Fighting Banks, And Her Political Future
Mon July 29, 2013
City of Providence Unveils Ad-Campaign for Summer Tourists
While most Rhode Islanders are out drinking up the joys of beach life this summer, Providence Mayor Angel Taveras is trying to lure them back into the city in a series of television and radio ads that started running last week.
The ads highlight popular tourism spots in the capital city and try to allay people’s concerns about parking, saying:
“Whoever said there’s no parking in downtown Providence needs to come visit us. We have over 15,000 parking spaces. The city’s in bloom this summer with fabulous restaurants, concerts and more.”
The spots end with these words: “So what are you waiting for? So what are you waiting for? So what are you waiting for? Come visit us in Providence today.”
The commercials were produced by the Providence Warwick Convention and Visitors Bureau. They’re being run on all local network affiliated stations plus some cable channels.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com