Most Active Stories
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Rhody Votes '14: Dems for Governor Debate
- TGIF: 10 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We're Trying To Keep Politics Focused On Issues. Will You Help?
- Scott MacKay Commentary: The R.I. And Mass. Casino Conundrum
Mon July 29, 2013
City of Providence Unveils Ad-Campaign for Summer Tourists
While most Rhode Islanders are out drinking up the joys of beach life this summer, Providence Mayor Angel Taveras is trying to lure them back into the city in a series of television and radio ads that started running last week.
The ads highlight popular tourism spots in the capital city and try to allay people’s concerns about parking, saying:
“Whoever said there’s no parking in downtown Providence needs to come visit us. We have over 15,000 parking spaces. The city’s in bloom this summer with fabulous restaurants, concerts and more.”
The spots end with these words: “So what are you waiting for? So what are you waiting for? So what are you waiting for? Come visit us in Providence today.”
The commercials were produced by the Providence Warwick Convention and Visitors Bureau. They’re being run on all local network affiliated stations plus some cable channels.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org