Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Old Providence Or New?
- After 36 Years, The Providence Phoenix to Cease Publication
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Former US Attorneys Warn of "Alarming Prospect" of Cianci Regaining City Hall
- Much Of The Brown University Debate Focused On Cianci’s Past
Tue March 25, 2014
A Closer Look At Gordon Fox's Resignation And Changing Leadership In The House
The Rhode Island House of Representatives is expected to cap a dramatic sequence of events unfolding over the last few days by electing a new speaker Tuesday. The change was set in motion last Friday when state and federal authorities raided House Speaker Gordon Fox’s East Side home and Statehouse office. Fox resigned from his leadership position the next day, saying he doesn’t plan to seek re-election to his state rep seat in November.
Rhode Island Public Radio political reporter Ian Donnis and Rhode Island Public Radio political analyst Scott MacKay discuss the political fallout with host Elisabeth Harrison.
The Education Blog