Most Active Stories
- Jim Skeffington, PawSox President & Prominent Lawyer, Has Died
- Biologists Plan To Continue Tracking Beluga Whales In Narragansett Bay
- Scott MacKay Commentary: MacKay's RIC Commencement Speech
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Next Move for PawSox Providence Stadium?
- Elorza Says Further Steps Needed to Stabilize Providence's Finances
Wed May 28, 2014
Colin Kane, Director Of The I-195 Commission On Progress Made, And The Future Of The Land
Proposals are in for developments that could go up on acres of land opening up for redevelopment in downtown Providence. The land was freed up by a major highway project that involved moving I-195. Rhode Island Public Radio's Elisabeth Harrison sat down with Colin Kane, the director of the I-195 Commission. The group has been charged with overseeing the development of the land. Kane discussed the progress made since the project broke ground about a year ago, and where they hope to go.
The Bottom Line