Most Active Stories
- Pawsox Sold To Group That Plans To Move The Team To Providence
- Big Question: Is a Baseball Stadium the Best Use of 195 Land?
- TGIF: 18 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- SEIU Taking Women And Infants Hospital To Court Over Layoffs
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Why So Few RI Building Trades Workers At EB Quonset Jobs?
Wed May 28, 2014
Colin Kane, Director Of The I-195 Commission On Progress Made, And The Future Of The Land
Proposals are in for developments that could go up on acres of land opening up for redevelopment in downtown Providence. The land was freed up by a major highway project that involved moving I-195. Rhode Island Public Radio's Elisabeth Harrison sat down with Colin Kane, the director of the I-195 Commission. The group has been charged with overseeing the development of the land. Kane discussed the progress made since the project broke ground about a year ago, and where they hope to go.
The Bottom Line