Most Active Stories
- TGIF: 19 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Scott MacKay Commentary: The PawSox Baseball Move to Providence: Good or Bad?
- PawSox President James Skeffington On The Case For A Providence Ballpark
- Scott MacKay Commentary: The Myth Of Rhode Island's Generous Programs For The Poor
- Settlement Presented In Pension Case; May 18 Deadline For Implementation
Thu December 19, 2013
A Conversation With HealthSource RI's Ferguson On Enrollment, Prices, and The Future
A couple of deadlines tied to Obamacare are coming up. One of them for people signing up for coverage that starts January first … that deadline is the day before, December 31st. That’s less than two weeks away and so Rhode Island Public Radio’s health care reporter Kristin Gourlay sat down with Christine Ferguson, the director of Rhode Island’s health insurance exchange at her busy office in the statehouse to talk about how enrollment is going, what kinds of choices consumers will have next year, and why Ferguson believes getting more Rhode Islanders enrolled will help HealthSource RI negotiate better prices.
The Bottom Line