Most Active Stories
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Remembering Local Musician David Lamb Of Brown Bird
- Beer, Wine Bills Backed By Farm Breweries And Wineries, But Not Liquor Industry
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We Remember: Patriot's Day 2014
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
Sun January 27, 2013
Could a bottle bill save glass from ending up in the landfill?
Right now, all the glass you put in your recycling bins ends up being treated like trash. It's due to a bill passed last year at the statehouse. Since its inception, around 13,000 tons of glass has been buried in the landfill. But the Rhode Island State Director of Clean Water Action, Jamie Rhodes, thinks there's a law that could correct this problem. It's called a “bottle bill” and he joins us in studio to tell us just what it is.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com