Most Active Stories
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
- TGIF: 15 Things to Know About Rhode Island Media & Politics
- Taveras promotes Dormody, hires Hull
- Senator Miller Issues Apology for Swearing Following Gun News Conference
Tue December 17, 2013
Counting Down On Politics' Top 10 Posts of 2013
Rhode Island is the gift that keeps giving -- as the saying goes -- and 2013 was chock full of news. Who knows what the next day could bring? With a few weeks still left to go in December, on the way to a big news year, here's a rundown on the most-read posts this year on our politics blog.
10. The Providence Journal continued to bleed readers.
9. Scott MacKay's analysis of Governor Lincoln Chafee's decision not to seek re-election.
7. Brett Smiley was exploring a run for mayor of Providence.
6. Rolling Stone's Matt Taibbi called Rhode Island's pension cuts a Wall Street giveaway -- and Raimondo fired back.
5. Angel Taveras hired a top DC consultant to help prepare for his run for governor.
3. Further layoffs at the ProJo.
2. Clay Pell formed a campaign organization to consider a run for governor.
Drum roll please ....
1. The five-member Republican contingent in the state Senate joined the effort to legalize same-sex marriage, itself one of the top stories of the year.
Thanks for stopping by and please keep reading in 2014!