Most Active Stories
- TGIF: 15 Things to Know About Rhode Island Media & Politics
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
- Ex-Speaker Fox selling Providence Home
- Senator Miller Issues Apology for Swearing Following Gun News Conference
Tue October 8, 2013
Curt Schilling to Sell Off Belongings at Estate Sale
Former Red Sox ace Curt Schilling the brains behind the failed 38 Studios venture is selling off the contents of his Medfield, Massachusetts home.
An estate company called “Consignworks” is selling off Curt Schilling’s furnishings Saturday from his Medfield, Massachusetts home. Among the items listed for sale are sofas, porch rockers, a baby grand piano, a punching bag, a Hummer golf cart, candlesticks, a baseball glove chair and clothing.
Schilling is being sued by the state of Rhode Island over the collapse of his video game company, 38 Studios. It went belly up after the Rhode Island Economic Development Corporation loaned it 75 million dollars. Taxpayers are now on the hook for repayment of that loan.
Schilling has said he lost all his baseball earnings in the 38 Studios venture. His home is also on the market. He is working as an analyst for ESPN.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com