Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- A.H. Belo Hires Arkansas Firm to Explore Sale of the Providence Journal
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics + Media
- This I Believe Rhode Island: Getting Up Early
- Prescription Drug Abuse On The Rise On College Campuses Across The Country
Fri January 18, 2013
Deadline for mortgage settlement claim
(PROVIDENCE, RI) Today, January 18, is the deadline for qualifying Rhode Island residents to file a mortgage settlement claim. To qualify a state resident must have lost their primary residence due to an improper foreclosure process between January First 2008 and December thirty-first 2011.
This is as the result of a $25 billion National Mortgage Settlement which took effect in April 2012.
The affected mortgages were serviced by Ally/GMAC, Bank of America, Citi, JPMorgan Chase and Wells Fargo.
Attorney General Peter Kilmartin says "It is not too late to file a claim for a cash payment if you believe you were improperly foreclosed upon by one of the five mortgage service providers who are part of this national settlement."
Borrowers who have questions or need help filing their claim can contact the settlement administrator, toll-free, at 1-866-430-8358, or send questions by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about eligibility and filing a claim you can visit www.NationalMortgageSettlement.com
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com