Most Active Stories
- Lorne Adrain Exits Providence Mayoral Campaign
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
Thu June 6, 2013
Deepwater Wind formalizes plan to bury Narragansett Transmission Line
Deepwater Wind has formalized plans to bury a transmission line underneath the town beach parking lot in Narragansett. The wind energy developer sent a revised plan to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
In the letter, Deepwater wrote the change was specifically due to feedback from town residents. The transmission line would connect the proposed Block Island Wind Farm to the power grid. Burying the cable will likely disrupt traffic during its construction. This change reverts the plan back to an earlier version. The Narragansett Town Council will meet with Deepwater officials to discuss the transmission line in a public meeting on June 26th.