Most Active Stories
- W&I Researchers Find Single Family Rooms Better For NICU Babies
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Seth Magaziner Staffing Up With Jeff Padwa & Andrew Roos
- Almost 15 Years After Cornel Young Jr.'s Death, How Much Has Changed in Rhode Island?
- 'Warning Shot': Sen. Warren On Fighting Banks, And Her Political Future
Mon April 7, 2014
Democratic Gubernatorial Candidates Set To Square Off At EconomicForum
The Democratic candidates for governor are slated to discuss a series of economic issues during a forum this evening in Warwick. The event comes with just about five months until the September 9th primary election.
Democrats Angel Taveras, Gina Raimondo and Clay Pell are expected for the 5 pm candidates’ forum at the Ocean State Theatre Company in Warwick. The discussion is being sponsored by a liberal think tank, the Economic Progress Institute.
The institute says the topics to be discussed include health care, job skills, taxes, and state budget issues. Republican gubernatorial candidates Ken Block and Allan Fung are not expected to attend because of scheduling conflicts.
The candidates’ forum will be among the first since some of the would-be governors met during a similar event in January. The most recent polls have depicted a close race between Taveras and Raimondo, with Pell trailing behind.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org