Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- A.H. Belo Hires Arkansas Firm to Explore Sale of the Providence Journal
- This I Believe Rhode Island: Getting Up Early
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics + Media
- Prescription Drug Abuse On The Rise On College Campuses Across The Country
Wed May 8, 2013
Denise Dallaire: Freed After 10 Years in Prison
Denise Dallaire served ten years in prison before being abruptly freed a few months ago by the same judge who sentenced her.
She was convicted in 2003 on a minor drug dealing charge, but because of mandatory sentencing laws in effect at that time, she received a 15 year sentence. When her sentence was reversed, the judge apologized to her.
Ms. Dallaire sat down with Rhode Island Public Radio’s Elisabeth Harrison.
More from Elisabeth Harrison's interview with Denise Dallaire.