Most Active Stories
- W&I Researchers Find Single Family Rooms Better For NICU Babies
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Seth Magaziner Staffing Up With Jeff Padwa & Andrew Roos
- Almost 15 Years After Cornel Young Jr.'s Death, How Much Has Changed in Rhode Island?
- 'Warning Shot': Sen. Warren On Fighting Banks, And Her Political Future
Wed May 8, 2013
Denise Dallaire: Freed After 10 Years in Prison
Denise Dallaire served ten years in prison before being abruptly freed a few months ago by the same judge who sentenced her.
She was convicted in 2003 on a minor drug dealing charge, but because of mandatory sentencing laws in effect at that time, she received a 15 year sentence. When her sentence was reversed, the judge apologized to her.
Ms. Dallaire sat down with Rhode Island Public Radio’s Elisabeth Harrison.
More from Elisabeth Harrison's interview with Denise Dallaire.