Most Active Stories
- Bob Kerr: We Have Seen The Best And The Worst
- RI's Brown Bird Finds A Solemn Victory On Final Album
- Learning To Respect A Patient's Wishes At The End Of Life
- Raimondo: State Wants Better Deal on PawSox' Proposed Ballpark
- PawSox Seek Meeting with Raimondo; Team Signals Flexibility After Negative Reaction to Proposal
Mon May 6, 2013
Driscoll heading to new gig, with Organizing for Action
Devin Driscoll, communications head for Rhode Islanders United for Marriage -- which led the grassroots campaign to legalize same-sex marriage -- is heading to a new job, as the Chicago-based Northeast regional director for Organizing for Action, the Democratic effort formerly known as Obama for America.
In a mass email, Driscoll says he's both excited about the new post and sad to be saying goodbye to Rhode Island:
As one of five regional directors, I will work with in-state staff in all six New England states + NY, NJ & PA to help support the president's legislative agenda -- especially in the areas of gun violence prevention, immigration reform and climate change.
Driscoll, an Oregon native, came to Rhode Island to attend Providence College and became involved in working on the 2008 presidential campaign with Ray Sullivan, the head of Rhode Islanders United for Marriage. Driscoll led President Obama's re-election campaign in Rhode Island last year.