Most Active Stories
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We Remember: Patriot's Day 2014
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
- Beer, Wine Bills Backed By Farm Breweries And Wineries, But Not Liquor Industry
- Remembering Local Musician David Lamb Of Brown Bird
Mon February 3, 2014
Edgewood Yacht Club Looking To Rebuild In Cranston
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers said the Edgewood Yacht Club is seeking a permit to build a new clubhouse.
The old Edgewood Yacht Club stood on pilings along the Providence River for more than 100 years, until a massive fire destroyed it back in January of 2011. Now the yacht club is working to build a new clubhouse, a 2,025 square-foot structure located at the same location. The Edgewood Yacht Club needs a permit from the Corps of Engineers before it can start building.
The Corps said there will be neither filling nor dredging associated with the construction. And while there will be some loss of habitat, its effects would not be adverse to marine life.
The Corps of Engineers will accept public comment on the project until the end of the month.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org