Most Active Stories
- Lorne Adrain Exits Providence Mayoral Campaign
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
Mon February 3, 2014
Edgewood Yacht Club Looking To Rebuild In Cranston
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers said the Edgewood Yacht Club is seeking a permit to build a new clubhouse.
The old Edgewood Yacht Club stood on pilings along the Providence River for more than 100 years, until a massive fire destroyed it back in January of 2011. Now the yacht club is working to build a new clubhouse, a 2,025 square-foot structure located at the same location. The Edgewood Yacht Club needs a permit from the Corps of Engineers before it can start building.
The Corps said there will be neither filling nor dredging associated with the construction. And while there will be some loss of habitat, its effects would not be adverse to marine life.
The Corps of Engineers will accept public comment on the project until the end of the month.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org