Most Active Stories
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Remembering Local Musician David Lamb Of Brown Bird
- Beer, Wine Bills Backed By Farm Breweries And Wineries, But Not Liquor Industry
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We Remember: Patriot's Day 2014
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
Wed May 8, 2013
Executive Director Hired for Redevelopment of I-195 Land
The commission charting the redevelopment of about 20 acres made available by the relocation of Interstate 195 has hired an executive director. The vacant land is viewed as a source of economic growth in Providence.
Jan Brodie was chosen after the I-195 Commission conducted a six-month search. She’s due to start work as the commission’s executive director May 20th.
In a statement, commission’s chairman Colin Kane says Brodie was chosen because of her background and her ability to realize the economic potential of the I-195 land. Since 2008, Brodie has been the Northeast regional director of a real estate development company in Boston. Before that, she was a vice president for a Providence developer, the Armory Revival Company. Brodie has advanced degrees in business and architecture.
Initial road and utility work recently began as part of the redevelopment of the former 195 land. Specific plans for the redevelopment of the vacant space have yet to be chosen.
Do you have insight or expertise in this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com