Most Active Stories
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Remembering Local Musician David Lamb Of Brown Bird
- Beer, Wine Bills Backed By Farm Breweries And Wineries, But Not Liquor Industry
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We Remember: Patriot's Day 2014
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
Thu November 28, 2013
Families In Need Recieve Help From Their City On Thanksgiving
Five hundred Pawtucket families are enjoying a home-cooked Thanksgiving dinner Thursday thanks to the generosity of their neighbors.
On Tuesday, food baskets were delivered to needy families under the auspices of the Pawtucket Holiday Baskets Drive. Its chair, Laureen Grebien, the city’s first lady, said the typical recipient is a family that has fallen on hard times.
"It’s probably a family of two or three kids and somebody that, you know, is struggling with whether they got laid off or they just somehow can’t seem to make ends meet," said Grebien.
The baskets contain everything you need for a Thanksgiving dinner, including turkey, potatoes, stuffing mix, cranberry sauce and desserts.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com