Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Joe Paolino vs. Edie Ajello?
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Democratic Gubernatorial Candidates Start Taking Off The Gloves
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Newport City Manager Cites Difficult City Council In Decision To Step Down
Mon April 8, 2013
Family Hopes Facebook Video Will Reach Missing Brown Student
It’s been a little over three weeks since Brown University philosophy major Sunil “Sunny” Tripathi disappeared. His family has posted an online video in hopes of reaching out to him.
The video, which will be posted on Facebook, contains messages of love from Sunny Tripathi’s family, who remain in Providence looking for him. The missing man’s brother, Ravi Tripathi, says the hope is that Sunny will see it and come home.
“The video is basically short clips of everybody that’s been here in Providence for the last three weeks, just expressing how much we miss and how much we love Sunil and fond memories that have come to mind over the last three weeks,” said Tripathi, “just to show kind of the bonds that have been strengthened by this and how much Sunil means to all of us.”
Sunil “Sunny” Tripathi was last seen in Providence March 16th. Police have said his family fears he committed suicide. But as the online video shows, the family also still holds out hope.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com