Most Active Stories
- W&I Researchers Find Single Family Rooms Better For NICU Babies
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Seth Magaziner Staffing Up With Jeff Padwa & Andrew Roos
- Almost 15 Years After Cornel Young Jr.'s Death, How Much Has Changed in Rhode Island?
- 'Warning Shot': Sen. Warren On Fighting Banks, And Her Political Future
Fri April 18, 2014
Federal Officials Subpoena Providence City Records In Fox Investigation
There’s another development in the case that led to former House Speaker Gordon Fox’s resignation last month. Federal law enforcement officials on Wednesday subpoenaed City of Providence records related to Fox.
Fox has done a variety of work for the City of Providence over the years. He served for many years as a paid member of the city’s license commission and also did closing work on loans made by the Providence Economic Development Partnership. A spokesman for City Hall, David Ortiz, confirms city documents related to Fox were subpoenaed by federal law enforcement officials. Ortiz says the city is fully cooperating with the request.
Fox resigned as House speaker March 22nd, one day after state and federal investigators raided his Statehouse office and East Side home. Officials have not commented on the reason for the probe.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org