Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Newport City Manager Cites Difficult City Council In Decision To Step Down
Mon February 17, 2014
Fluoridated Water Reaches Just 84% Of RI Homes
Check out this new graphic from the Pew Charitable Trusts on the percentage of homes served by fluoridated public water water systems. Public health agencies have long recommended fluoridated water, especially for kids' dental health. In Rhode Island, just 83.9% of homes are served by such treated water.
News also comes today of new recommendations for brushing baby teeth - recommendations that turn the old ones on their head. From the NY Times, the ADA recommends brushing baby teeth as soon as they come up with a bit of fluoride toothpaste (as opposed to waiting until age two).