Most Active Stories
- Tony Simon, Brett Smiley & Grace Diaz Join Elorza's Administration
- Scott MacKay Commentary: The War Is On Thanksgiving, Not Christmas
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Raimondo Announces Transition Team Members
- Hassett Vying with Aponte for Providence City Council Presidency
Mon February 17, 2014
Fluoridated Water Reaches Just 84% Of RI Homes
Check out this new graphic from the Pew Charitable Trusts on the percentage of homes served by fluoridated public water water systems. Public health agencies have long recommended fluoridated water, especially for kids' dental health. In Rhode Island, just 83.9% of homes are served by such treated water.
News also comes today of new recommendations for brushing baby teeth - recommendations that turn the old ones on their head. From the NY Times, the ADA recommends brushing baby teeth as soon as they come up with a bit of fluoride toothpaste (as opposed to waiting until age two).