Most Active Stories
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We Remember: Patriot's Day 2014
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
- Beer, Wine Bills Backed By Farm Breweries And Wineries, But Not Liquor Industry
- Remembering Local Musician David Lamb Of Brown Bird
Mon August 19, 2013
Former DOH spokeswoman Chadwick hired by HealthSourceRI
HealthSourceRI, the effort to implement Obamacare in Rhode Island, has hired former state Department of Health spokeswoman Dara Chadwick as its director of communications.
According to a statement, Chadwick "will serve as the primary media contact for HealthSourceRI and will play a key role in public outreach and education efforts around the newly-launched marketplace. She will also have a role in shaping policy for the new entity." HealthSourceRI plans to begin open enrollment on October 1.
Ian Lang, associate director of marketing and communications at HealthSourceRI, said, "Right now, one of our major goals is building awareness of HealthSource RI, as well as of the services we will offer to Rhode Islanders in selecting coverage. Dara's skills and expertise will help us accomplish that goal."
Chadwick previously worked as spokeswoman for the Employees' Retirement System of RI and as a campaign spokeswoman in 2010 for Gina Raimondo.