Most Active Stories
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Remembering Local Musician David Lamb Of Brown Bird
- Beer, Wine Bills Backed By Farm Breweries And Wineries, But Not Liquor Industry
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We Remember: Patriot's Day 2014
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
Tue October 23, 2012
Fox critic Dickinson set to endorse Binder in District 4 race
State Representative Spencer Dickinson (D-South Kingstown), who wrote a well-publicized letter condemning House Speaker Gordon Fox’s leadership style, is slated on Wedneday to endorse Fox’s opponent, Mark Binder, according to Binder’s campaign.
Dickinson is set to back Binder during a Wednesday appearance at Laurelmead and also stump with him at the Jewish Community Center, Binder’s campaign says.
Dickinson lived to fight another day in the Democratic primary, edging the House leadership’s candidate, Kathleen Fogarty, by 34 votes. He faces Republican James Haldeman in the November 6 election.
UPDATE: Fox campaign spokesman Bill Fischer questions the value of Dickinson’s endorsement, noting that Dickinson voted against last year’s landmark pension overhaul in the House. Fischer says the backing for Fox from Providence Mayor Angel Taveras and state Treasurer Gina Raimondo is likely to resonate more with voters in District 4.